So, I pretty much love the Olympics!! I love watching people excel in the heat of competition and good sportsmanship triumph over anything political in the world that may be going on. Most of all, I love seeing entire countries unite behind one athlete, their claim to fame. In America, we have teams that are competitive in just about every sport. Some countries have one guy in one sport that the entire population clings all of their hopes on for the Olympic games. Granted, they should put their hope in an eternal Savior, but for that time, they are united.
Anyways... I was looking at the Olympic medal standings. This year I have tried to keep up with the Czech athletes to see what they are doing. As of right now, Czech has 5 medals, 3 silver and 2 gold. Mostly in shooting and canoeing. Yay! Then I realized that Phelps is going for his 8th GOLD tonight... one man has more gold medals than an entire country! That is absolute madness in my mind... not dissing Czech at all... just craziness.
No comments:
Post a Comment