A question was posed tonight: What are 3 goals for you in the next 3 years and 3 goals for the next 3 months? I came up with one for each category rather quickly... a job in 3 months and finishing up PT school in 3 years. After that, I was a bit at a loss. I realized that although those are things I am working towards, none of it is within my power or is truly what I am working towards. Things came to mind: I would love to complete a triathlon. I'd love to do my dream trip of Europe and the Middle East. Even more, I'd love for God to use me to lead someone to Christ, but that is not something I can even begin to put parameters on. What do goals look like in my life when I desire nothing else but to serve whole heartedly and passionately my God, my Creator, my Savior? That is the goal... love God, love others. That's it... what more in this life and this world do I want? I want Jesus, to have the pure joy and freedom that comes only from Him. This thought process encouraged me after a long tough week just learning about humility and trusting Jesus to provide for me.
It also reminds me of a passage from "Red Moon Rising" and I feel like this pretty much sums up my life at the moment and how I would like to keep it:
"But what happens if you're not sure where you're going, only who you're going with and how? What happens if you're in it for the ride rather than the results?"
To run the race to its fullest and to chase every moment after Him who died and rose from the dead for me. What that looks like as a single girl in today's world...I haven't pieced together just yet but I know and trust that God will lead me and give me strength to follow hard after Him.
Finally, just a thought about contentment, which has been a huge battle lately mostly with relationships. Talking to a good friend who reminded me of the nearness of Christ as our husband and His sovereignty in allowing someone to step in. God has a hedge of protection around our hearts, and He is our protective papa. There are God-inflicted physical repercussions for anyone who tries to mess with His daughters. Wow... me, who has always longed for that big brother protector and to be pursued... God is near and God is good... things I "know" in my head, but it's so neat when God reveals them to my heart and comforts me... my Abba.
No comments:
Post a Comment