1. Not random at all, but rather sovereignly ordained to be a follower of Christ and heir to His promise
2. I tend to get caught up in worship... not a bad thing, except when I am driving (I have almost rear-ended people) and also when I am skiing, a recent discovery.
3. Underneath whatever outer clothing I might be forced to put on for the day usually you can find a pair of soccer socks
4. If you would have told me one year ago where and what I am doing right now, I would have laughed really really hard... one of those can't breathe/abs hurting/still sore the next day kind of laughs... yet here I am in Wilmington, NC working with a churchplant and college group and on my way to PT school. God is mighty and good.
5. My heart has been stolen... by two of the cutest little babies you have ever seen... and a few horses over the years :)
6. In a little over three years, Lord willing, you can call me Dr. Taylor, but I think I'll definitely still prefer Cam
7. My first name is not Cameron.
8. 8 is my favorite number! (mostly because of my birthday: 8/8 and it was my soccer number)
9. I was put in a guys' dorm for my first summer camp experience... obviously this was fixed quickly, but still makes me laugh a bit today
10. Prague is the most ro-tic city in the world. haha
11. Apparently the day my sister was born, I had a banana in the car on the way to the hospital, and my grandma could never figure out what happened to the banana peel... a story I heard about annually for 18 years.
12. I really detest squash, and one of my poor mother's goals in life is that I will at least learn to tolerate it... sorry mom.
13. I managed to ride and show horses for 6 months, play soccer, tennis, attempted to surf and skim board, all with a completely ruptured ACL, completely unbeknownst to moi!
14. God made me a cake to celebrate my getting into PT school (and I'm not even kidding...ask me about it)
15. I love having inside jokes and quotes with people.
16. When I was little, I hated going to the freezer/cooler section of the grocery store because it was so cold. Mom always saved it til last and used leaving soon to make me cooperate. Still today, I rush through those parts of the store hating being cold... and yet, it didn't bother me moving to Colorado...
17. I love road trips. Just going on a good long drive is one way I deal with stress. Those long, flat roads east of Fort Collins were frequented by me over the college years.
18. At heart, I am an absolutely hopeless romantic... :) you can ask my roommates about this one
19. I ran track in jr. high school, and after 2 years of 2 mi/1mi/800m meets, I decided to play soccer... at least if I was running around in circles, I could kick a ball. And she's been hooked ever since.
20. I grew up less than a mile from all of my 1st cousins on my Dad's side and over the river (well, creek) and through the woods from my grandmother's house. My childhood was a bit Tom Sawyer-esque, classic Southern country community full of fun and adventure... I still call my parent's house Neverland; and I still crave "adventure in the great wide somewhere." I'm a Southern and country girl at heart who ventured out west for 4 years of college and now I'm stuck in the city for a while longer...:-( but I suppose I learn a thing or two while I'm here. I still prefer the country life, but I can hold my own with the city slickers too.
21. Worship under a blanket of stars on a chilly night in the mountains is one of my all time favorite things, especially preceded by a drive-in movie.
22. My 16th birthday was a pig pickin' with my family :-) and my 21st birthday was 36 hours long and in 3 different countries. I actually turned 21 on the Charles Bridge in Prague with some awesome Czech friends, a bottle of champagne, and a two finger American smile!
23. My all time favorite Disney scene is the reprise of "Belle" in Beauty and the Beast... the one where she sings in the meadow: "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere! I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand to have someone understand I want so much more than they've got planned."
24. Some day, I'd love to go the wrong way down a one way and get me a grilled cheese sandwich, but for now, I'm waiting patiently :-)
(only 3, maybe 4, people in the world understand this :-)
25. I despise change, and am beginning to really dread the month of August (sad, since it's my birthday) because it has been a time of drastic change over the past few years... and will continue this year... however, it has been during these times that God grows me the most and draws me closer to Him in dependence. Counting it all loss and pressing on for the sake of the gospel.
Hebrews 12:1-3
No comments:
Post a Comment