Monday, June 22, 2009

Ponderings of a 'Galapagosian' Turtle

What a down right crappy day!
No hours at Panera yet again. The trouble with the video file. On the brink of collapse from what seems like an endless, hopeless struggle emotionally. Babysitting... not my favorite still. Then my car getting hit and the hassle that ensued about calling the insurance company and such. Home and tears over just not knowing what to do. Grateful for the beautiful design of men and women and for the provision of my daddy stepping in to take care of his little girl. As I whine and complain about the man desert, I forgot the beautiful design that I am still under my dad's household and that he is a man of God and will take care of me no matter what or where I am. Love him.
And then, getting away to read and journal at Panera, I enter reluctantly into a conversation with a co-worker. Czech comes up and I was able to share with her why I was going and my mission there and about the people and their ignorance of the gospel. Tears began welling up as I described Tomas last year explaining he'd never heard this before and needed some time to grapple with the truth, as I thought and talked about our brothers and sisters in the LightHouse church there battling each and every day in a country where you are made fun of and ridiculed publically for identifying with Christ or evangelizing in any way. Just reading a news story and blog about this and the cold hearts of the Czech people. Tears as a feeling of joy and fulfillment came over me.
"This is what I was made for!" Yes, so distracted and stressed over the past few days... lonely and abandoned as I sought fulfillment in anything and everything. Loving people because Christ loves me... that's what I was made for! Taking the gospel to people who have never heard the good news of salvation, of salvation by grace alone and not by anything we can do for ourselves. That resonates with my heart like nothing else in this world can.
Praise God for He is indeed good and does desire to give me good things. He doesn't just give good things; He wants to give me good things.

No comments: